Tired of sharing your travel pics one by one? UrbanBird lets you upload your photos and makes a map of your vacation that includes geographical info you can share with your friends on Facebook during or after the trip.
What it does: Creates a map from the photos you’ve uploaded and captions them with dates, location, titles and descriptions.
What’s hot: You can upload photos and have them instantly mapped and captioned. If you’re creating a map while you’re on a trip, click on the photo to get travel suggestions for similar attractions near you. The website is great for active travelers who want to share a visual journal at the end of an eventful day.
Most Read Life Stories
- 3 common barriers to wellness — and how to beat them
- Marie Kondo'ing my kitchen: What a food writer learned from a total pantry re-org with a food-waste expert VIEW
- No tomato paste? No problem: Seek out "Substitutions Bible"
- Recipe: Craig Claiborne’s Smothered Chicken
- Blue C Sushi shuts down five Seattle-area restaurants
What’s not: Make sure your camera is set to geotag your photos before you start snapping your vacation pics. The photos I took with my digital camera were not geotagged (and, therefore, could not be uploaded), but my smartphone photos were. It would be nice if I could upload any photo and add the location myself. The good news is, UrbanBird is crafting a feature so that users can geotag their pictures and add comments manually.