Tired of sharing your travel pics one by one? UrbanBird lets you upload your photos and makes a map of your vacation that includes geographical info you can share with your friends on Facebook during or after the trip.
What it does: Creates a map from the photos you’ve uploaded and captions them with dates, location, titles and descriptions.
What’s hot: You can upload photos and have them instantly mapped and captioned. If you’re creating a map while you’re on a trip, click on the photo to get travel suggestions for similar attractions near you. The website is great for active travelers who want to share a visual journal at the end of an eventful day.
Most Read Life Stories
- A star bartender opens a French-inspired lounge and an acclaimed brewery expands to Woodinville
- How to get yourself and your car to the San Juan Islands: 5 tips for scoring ferry reservations (and what to do if you don’t get one)
- Fine dining at Aelder or a picnic-table supper at Hogstone's Wood Oven? A trip to an Orcas Island destination-restaurant duo
- It's easy to figure out what to order at Cemitas Tepeaca 2 in Des Moines: the majestic namesake sandwiches
- Puree, liquefy, crush: How to choose and use a blender
What’s not: Make sure your camera is set to geotag your photos before you start snapping your vacation pics. The photos I took with my digital camera were not geotagged (and, therefore, could not be uploaded), but my smartphone photos were. It would be nice if I could upload any photo and add the location myself. The good news is, UrbanBird is crafting a feature so that users can geotag their pictures and add comments manually.