The county-owned ferry system that connected Seattle to the Eastside would ultimately be doomed due to increasing popularity of the automobile.
Sunset Highway has changed a lot since Snoqualmie Pass was connected in 1915.
Construction on Snohomish County Airport — Paine Field's original name — began in the fall of 1936, according to an article in the Seattle Daily...
KeyArena has a history of being renovated to to meet new needs of the city.
Originally called the "Battery Street Subway," this tunnel finally linked Aurora to the Alaskan Way Viaduct.
A look back in The Seattle Times' archives shows the huge amount of change that its construction brought to the city's waterfront.
Since its opening, Northgate Mall has been ever-changing.
Rarely seen photos from the Seattle Times archives show the earliest days of the airport.
To celebrate the park's 79th birthday, we took a look in our photo archive.
Not all the racers who started would finish the 13-mile course to Lake Sammamish.
Never miss a story.
Get full Seattle Times access on all your devices, starting at $1 a week.