Cougars earn 71-62 victory over UC Davis and will play at Iowa on Sunday with a chance to reach the WNIT semifinals.
Alexys Swedlund had 20 points and nine rebounds to lead Washington State to a 71-62 victory over UC Davis in the WNIT Thursday night at Beasley Coliseum in Pullman.
The Cougars (15-19) continued their surprising postseason run and reached the WNIT round of eight where they will play at Iowa at noon Sunday.
Pinelopi Pavlopoulou had 16 points and six rebounds and Caila Hailey had 13 points.
Rachel Nagel had 20 points for the Aggies (25-8)
Most Read Sports Stories
- Were boos directed at Russell Wilson a sign of things to come in his Seattle return?
- Marshawn Lynch arrested on suspicion of DUI in Las Vegas
- Former WSU football coach Nick Rolovich seeking $25 million for wrongful termination
- 'One of the best games I've ever seen': Mariners down Yankees 1-0 in 13 innings
- How Pac-12 benefits from ESPN getting shut out of Big Ten media deal
Neither team shot particularly well with the Cougars going 25 of 71 (35.2 percent) from the field and the Aggies shooting 35.5 percent (22 of 62).
Nagel brought her team to 59-54 but the Cougars went on a 12-3 run, including seven free throws and a three-pointer by Pavlopoulou.
WSU outrebounded the Aggies 49-40.