WSU's triple overtime win over Boise State in September was one of the most memorable wins for the Cougars this year. Now, that series will resume, the Cougars announced
Washington State and Boise State battled to an exciting triple overtime finish at Martin Stadium in 2017, with the Cougars winning 47-44 to conclude a home-and-home that began with WSU’s trip to Boise last season.
Now, the Cougars and Broncos will resume that series in 2026, the WSU Deputy Director of Athletics Mike Marlow announced Thursday morning in a news release.
WSU and Boise State have agreed to a home-and-home beginning Sept. 19, 2026 at Martin Stadium, with the return contest being played in Boise on Sept. 27, 2027.
“We are pleased to continue our series with Boise State beginning in 2026,” Marlow said in a statement. “Our goal is to always add quality non conference opponents to our schedule that our fan base enjoys. I expect the same excitement that the last two seasons have generation to continue when the series resumes.”
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks agree to trade DB Ugo Amadi for Eagles receiver J.J. Arcega-Whiteside
- Analysis: With one preseason game done, time to project the Seahawks' 53-man roster
- Analysis: Where the QB battle stands and four other thoughts after the Seahawks' preseason opener
- Mariners give Luis Castillo another tough assignment as he'll pitch opposite Shohei Ohtani
- If Seahawks QB competition remains close, Geno Smith will win job
WSU holds a 5-1 all-time edge versus the Broncos.