WSU-Cal game on Nov. 12 set for 7:30 p.m. kickoff on ESPN
Washington State’s No.12 game against Cal at Martin Stadium has been slated for a 7:30 p.m. kickoff on ESPN, according to the Pac-12.
This means the Cougars, who have played six night games already this year, will return to prime time after this weekend’s rare day game against Arizona.
Cal, led by transfer quarterback Davis Webb, leads the Pac-12 in passing and has the nation’s fourth-ranked passing offense.
The Golden Bears beat WSU last year in Berkeley, 34-28, and also in Pullman in 2014, when WSU lost 60-59 and Connor Halliday set a new NCAA record for passing yards in a game (734).
Most Read Sports Stories
- Rare double punt by Seahawks' Michael Dickson still has the NFL buzzing — including Bill Belichick
- With state's vaccine mandate looming, will Nick Rolovich still be WSU's football coach next week?
- Everybody focusing on somebody besides Russell Wilson playing QB for Seahawks may be missing the real issue
- Even with throwback uniforms, Huskies don't resemble '91 national champs in 24-17 loss to UCLA
- Halfway through a once-promising season, one thing is clear: The Huskies aren't talented enough
Texas Tech’s Patrick Mahomes II tied Halliday’s record earlier this year with 734 passing yards against Oklahoma. Mahomes fell one pass attempt shy of equalling Halliday’s record for 89 pass attempts though.