Washington State has added Idaho to its 2020 football schedule, the football scheduling database website FB Schedules.com reported Tuesday afternoon.
The Cougars and Vandals will face each other this season on Sept. 17 for the first time since 2013. But when they next play each other on Sept. 19, 2020, the Cougars will be competing against an FCS team.
Idaho announced this past offseason that it will drop to the FCS level effective 2018, and will join the Big Sky conference. According to FBSchedules.com, WSU will pay Idaho a $550,000 guarantee for the 2020 game at Martin Stadium.
The game against Idaho is the first contest WSU has scheduled for the 2020 season. The Cougs typically play one FCS team per year. This season, they open against Eastern Washington. In 2017, WSU opens the season at home against Montana State on Sept. 2. In 2018, the Cougs will play Eastern Washington again, and in 2019, their FCS opponent is Northern Colorado.
Most Read Sports Stories
- 'I was just really pulling for this,' Bobby Wagner says of his return to the Seahawks
- Iowa’s Caitlin Clark and Louisville’s Hailey Van Lith gave us an epic women's basketball battle
- With a few more moves, Mariners closing in on final roster
- Washington women rally past Oregon and into WNIT Fab 4
- It's Julio Rodriguez's world. Everyone wants to be part of it