The WSU Cougars had their third practice of the spring on Tuesday and donned pads for the first time
PULLMAN — The Cougars donned pads on Tuesday for the first time this spring and the offense outscored the defense in team drills at the end, which resulted in the defense having to run sprints at the end under direction of defensive coordinator Alex Grinch, their relentless taskmaster.
— Kirkland Parker, who played cornerback last season, is working with Roy Manning and the nickelbacks. He took reps as the second team nickelback on Tuesday.
— Charleston White, who also played cornerback last season, has moved to safety.
Most Read Sports Stories
- No indication Jody Allen will sell the Seahawks anytime soon, despite rumors
- I misjudged this year's Mariners team — at least as they've performed so far
- An Olympic champion at 19, Seattle’s Nevin Harrison continues to dream big: ‘It’s time for me to do the impossible’
- Mariners fall into last place in the AL West after dropping home series to A's
- After falling into last place, Mariners season passes infuriating and moves into depressing
— Isaac Dotson was at practice but wore a yellow mesh pinny and was unable to participate in drills
— Defensive depth chart for spring practice No. 3:
First team: DL — Hercules Mata’afa, Robert Barber, Daniel Ekuale; LB: Dylan Hanser, Peyton Pelluer, Paris Taylor, Parker Henry (nickel); Safeties: Shalom Luani, Jalen Thompson; CBs: Marcellus Pippins, Darrien Molton.
Second team: DL — Logan Tago, Ngalu Tapa, Jeremiah Mitchell; LB: Aaron Porter, Frankie Luvu, Greg Hoyd III, Kirkland Parker (nickel); Safeties: Hunter Dale, Willie Roach
— Offensively, redshirt freshman running back James Williams scored a touchdown off an interesting diamond formation with three running backs in the backfield, and got a lot of reps on Tuesday with Keith Harrington not practicing.