The WSU women's basketball team is starting over and breaking in a new coach and trying to find some new chemistry.
Washington State women’s basketball
Coach: Kamie Ethridge, first season at WSU.
2017-18 record: 10-20, 3-14 Pac-12 (10th)
Starters returning: Three
Two players to watch:
Most Read Sports Stories
- Golf is back from the coronavirus shutdown, but Seattle tennis courts remain closed. Why?
- Analysis: Why Seattle is signing Carlos Hyde, and how the running back corps looks now
- Mariners will pay minor-leaguers through 2020 season, but coronavirus shutdown forces other reductions
- Could WSU land all three coveted wide receivers from 4A powerhouse Kennedy Catholic?
- Seahawks OL Duane Brown staying in the moment as he prepares for 13th NFL season
Borislava Hristova, F, 6-0, Jr. – One of the best returning players in the Pac-12, the Cougars will need her to have a huge season to be competitive in the conference.
Chanelle Molina, G, 5-9, Jr. – A good floor leader, who is working hard with new coach Ethridge, a star point guard in her playing days. Molina’s scoring should improve from last season (7.7 a game).
The Cougars have a good shot to improve on their conference record of last season, and anything close to .500 in conference play would be a great first season for the new coach. If the Cougars can stay healthy, they might be better than outsiders expect.