The WSU women's basketball team is starting over and breaking in a new coach and trying to find some new chemistry.
Washington State women’s basketball
Coach: Kamie Ethridge, first season at WSU.
2017-18 record: 10-20, 3-14 Pac-12 (10th)
Starters returning: Three
Two players to watch:
Most Read Sports Stories
- No new GM yet, but a key hockey operations pickup by NHL Seattle should help make that call | Inside the NHL
- Still chasing the dream: Former Huskies, Cougars, Seahawks among those hoping to hook on with XFL VIEW
- Mariners mailbag: Examining past prospect failures and projecting the 2021 starting lineup
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Mike Riley, best known for leading Oregon State and Nebraska, is thankful for XFL opportunity in Seattle
Borislava Hristova, F, 6-0, Jr. – One of the best returning players in the Pac-12, the Cougars will need her to have a huge season to be competitive in the conference.
Chanelle Molina, G, 5-9, Jr. – A good floor leader, who is working hard with new coach Ethridge, a star point guard in her playing days. Molina’s scoring should improve from last season (7.7 a game).
The Cougars have a good shot to improve on their conference record of last season, and anything close to .500 in conference play would be a great first season for the new coach. If the Cougars can stay healthy, they might be better than outsiders expect.