TEMPE, Ariz. — Katie Hempen hit four three-pointers and all seven of her free throws for a career-high 21 points, leading No. 18 Arizona State to its ninth consecutive victory as the Sun Devils beat Washington State 78-64 Monday.
Kelsey Moos, out of Reardan High, and Sophie Brunner each added 15 points and seven rebounds for the Sun Devils (13-1, 2-0 Pac-12) and Elisha Davis had 13.
Washington State (10-3, 1-1), which had a six-game winning streak snapped, was led by Lia Galdeira with 19 points and Tia Presley with 15.
Moos, who hit 7 of 9 shots, and Hempen had 10 each at halftime as the Sun Devils shot 61 percent to lead 43-29 at the break. ASU finished at 53 percent and was 15 of 17 from the foul line.
Most Read Stories
- Retired Alabama cop on Roy Moore: ‘We were also told to ... make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders’
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world
- Expect record-high temps, 'copious rain' in Seattle area as we head toward Thanksgiving VIEW
- Fake field goal? An errant challenge? Blame Pete Carroll for Seahawks' loss to Atlanta
- Bicyclist dies in hit-and-run crash in Sodo, police say
Arizona State, off to its best start since going 15-1 in 1982-83, ended an opponent’s winning streak of at least six games for the fourth time in five games.