Robert Franks scored 16 points and had six rebounds and was the only Cougar in double figures.
MOSCOW, Idaho — Brayon Blake scored 26 points and grabbed eight rebounds, Victor Sanders added 19 points and Idaho blew out Washington State 91-64 on Wednesday night.
Blake scored nine straight points, starting a 16-2 run for the Vandals (6-2) that gave them a 22-6 lead five minutes into the game. They ended the first half with a 13-0 run for a 49-20 lead.
The Cougars (6-2) used a three-pointer from Carter Skaggs and a three-point play by Robert Franks to cut the deficit to 14 on two occasions in the first three minutes of the second half. But Sanders had five points in a 7-0 run to push the lead to 21 with 15 minutes left and Washington State never challenged.
“It’s a long season. You don’t get too up when you are 6-0, you don’t get too down, you just get ready for the next one,” said WSU coach Ernie Kent.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle police fatally shoot man near Ravenna Park
- Drinking alcohol key to living past 90, study says
- Seattle arboretum loop trail opens up new vistas, opportunities VIEW
- Northeast Seattle street project stirs cars-vs.-bikes debate
- With work permits in limbo, spouses of H-1B visa holders worry they’ll lose jobs
Franks led the Cougars with 16 points and six rebounds.
“I told the players before this week started that players circle games on their schedules,” Idaho coach Don Verlin said. “I circled this week.”
Washington State will play at UTEP on Saturday night.