Robert Franks scored 16 points and had six rebounds and was the only Cougar in double figures.
MOSCOW, Idaho — Brayon Blake scored 26 points and grabbed eight rebounds, Victor Sanders added 19 points and Idaho blew out Washington State 91-64 on Wednesday night.
Blake scored nine straight points, starting a 16-2 run for the Vandals (6-2) that gave them a 22-6 lead five minutes into the game. They ended the first half with a 13-0 run for a 49-20 lead.
The Cougars (6-2) used a three-pointer from Carter Skaggs and a three-point play by Robert Franks to cut the deficit to 14 on two occasions in the first three minutes of the second half. But Sanders had five points in a 7-0 run to push the lead to 21 with 15 minutes left and Washington State never challenged.
“It’s a long season. You don’t get too up when you are 6-0, you don’t get too down, you just get ready for the next one,” said WSU coach Ernie Kent.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Who won the James Paxton trade? Here's what the national media are saying about the Mariners-Yankees blockbuster
- WSU's Gardner Minshew shows how valuable a grad transfer QB can be to a team. But you'll never see that at UW.
- Like it or not, the Mariners had to trade James Paxton | Matt Calkins
- Mariners trade left-hander James Paxton to the Yankees for three prospects
- A sweet Apple Cup: 'Why can’t you be more like the Petersen boy?’
Franks led the Cougars with 16 points and six rebounds.
“I told the players before this week started that players circle games on their schedules,” Idaho coach Don Verlin said. “I circled this week.”
Washington State will play at UTEP on Saturday night.