Robert Franks scored 16 points and had six rebounds and was the only Cougar in double figures.
MOSCOW, Idaho — Brayon Blake scored 26 points and grabbed eight rebounds, Victor Sanders added 19 points and Idaho blew out Washington State 91-64 on Wednesday night.
Blake scored nine straight points, starting a 16-2 run for the Vandals (6-2) that gave them a 22-6 lead five minutes into the game. They ended the first half with a 13-0 run for a 49-20 lead.
The Cougars (6-2) used a three-pointer from Carter Skaggs and a three-point play by Robert Franks to cut the deficit to 14 on two occasions in the first three minutes of the second half. But Sanders had five points in a 7-0 run to push the lead to 21 with 15 minutes left and Washington State never challenged.
“It’s a long season. You don’t get too up when you are 6-0, you don’t get too down, you just get ready for the next one,” said WSU coach Ernie Kent.
Most Read Sports Stories
- What's in a name? For Seattle's future NHL team, more than meets the Sock-eye
- From mentors to magic numbers: Why Brian Schottenheimer's the guy to resurrect the Seahawks' offense
- Analysis: Can Robinson Cano's return lift Mariners into the playoffs?
- Here's why Jimmy Lake is gushing over the newest additions to UW's vaunted defensive secondary
- Impressions from Day 10 of Huskies' fall camp: Jake Browning leads way on 99-yard TD drive WATCH
Franks led the Cougars with 16 points and six rebounds.
“I told the players before this week started that players circle games on their schedules,” Idaho coach Don Verlin said. “I circled this week.”
Washington State will play at UTEP on Saturday night.