Robert Franks scored 16 points and had six rebounds and was the only Cougar in double figures.
MOSCOW, Idaho — Brayon Blake scored 26 points and grabbed eight rebounds, Victor Sanders added 19 points and Idaho blew out Washington State 91-64 on Wednesday night.
Blake scored nine straight points, starting a 16-2 run for the Vandals (6-2) that gave them a 22-6 lead five minutes into the game. They ended the first half with a 13-0 run for a 49-20 lead.
The Cougars (6-2) used a three-pointer from Carter Skaggs and a three-point play by Robert Franks to cut the deficit to 14 on two occasions in the first three minutes of the second half. But Sanders had five points in a 7-0 run to push the lead to 21 with 15 minutes left and Washington State never challenged.
“It’s a long season. You don’t get too up when you are 6-0, you don’t get too down, you just get ready for the next one,” said WSU coach Ernie Kent.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Who knows if new NFL anthem policy will work, but here’s why protests should stop | Matt Calkins
- Seahawks receiver Doug Baldwin on Donald Trump's comments on anthem: 'He's an idiot, plain and simple' WATCH
- King County councilmember opposes $180 million proposal for Safeco Field upkeep, says Mariners should 'pay their own expenses'
- Huskies get commitment from three-star wide receiver Taj Davis
- Seahawks' K.J. Wright calls NFL's new anthem policy 'crazy,' and Doug Baldwin says it's disappointing
Franks led the Cougars with 16 points and six rebounds.
“I told the players before this week started that players circle games on their schedules,” Idaho coach Don Verlin said. “I circled this week.”
Washington State will play at UTEP on Saturday night.