Jade Redmon’s layup in the final second gave the Eagles a 67-65 victory in a first-round game in Pullman.
Eastern Washington’s Jade Redmon converted the winning layup with 0.4 seconds left as the Eagles edged Washington State 67-65 in the Women’s NIT on Wednesday at Pullman.
“I was really nervous at first because they came out trapping, so I got a little frazzled,” Redmon said. “I knew we were tied so it doesn’t really matter but I was just glad we got the roll.”
Lia Galdeira scored 31 points for the Cougars (17-15). Mariah Cooks had 15 points and 10 rebounds.
Eastern’s Lexie Nelson scored 19 points. The Eagles (21-11) will play the winner of Sacramento State-Pacific at a site and time to be determined.
Most Read Stories
- A Washington county that went for Trump is shaken as immigrant neighbors start disappearing VIEW
- Kickoff time, TV info announced for 110th Apple Cup
- Rebound with redemption: Huskies come back to beat Utah behind the unlikeliest of heroes
- Seattle hits record high for income inequality, now rivals San Francisco
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate