MACON, Ga. (AP) — Fletcher Magee scored 23 points to lead Wofford to a 76-67 victory over Mercer on Thursday night for its ninth straight win.
Wofford (18-4, 10-0) remains undefeated atop the Southern Conference standings. Mercer (8-14, 3-7) has lost two in a row and four of its last six.
Magee was 7-of-14 shooting with five 3-pointers and moved to third all-time in the program with 2,224 career points. Nathan Hoover added another five 3-pointers and finished with 18 points. Cameron Jackson chipped in 12.
Cory Kilby scored 16 points to lead five in double-figure scoring for Mercer. Fardaws Aimaq grabbed a game-high 13 rebounds and added seven points.
Most Read Sports Stories
- No. 18 Huskies overwhelm Stanford in 40-22 rout to stay undefeated
- Mariners blow nine-run lead in stunning collapse, lose 13-12 to Royals
- The Huskies have already washed away bad taste of last season. The wins — and good vibes — are back.
- 'C---’d it': WSU's letdown loss to Oregon brings a familiar feeling for Cougs
- Seahawks' comeback falls short in 27-23 loss to Falcons
Wofford took the lead for good five minutes into the game and built a 40-37 halftime advantage. Mercer pulled to 66-63 with 4:40 remaining. Fletcher answered with a 3-pointer and the Bears didn’t get closer.