KENT, Ohio (AP) — Antonio Williams had 20 points as Kent State defeated Eastern Michigan 71-58 on Saturday night.
Philip Whittington had 17 points and 10 rebounds for Kent State (19-6, 8-4 Mid-American Conference). Jaylin Walker added 15 points.
Kevin McAdoo had 13 points for the Eagles (11-14, 5-7). Tariq Silver added 10 points. Elijah Minnie had seven rebounds.
Paul Jackson, the Eagles’ second leading scorer heading into the matchup at 14 points per game, had only 3 points (1 of 10).
Most Read Sports Stories
- Michigan defensive line twins Armon, Jayvon Parker announce dual commitments to UW Huskies
- Seahawks position review: Russell Wilson is still the Seahawks quarterback for now. But who will be behind him?
- Born with a club foot, Edmonds ice dancer Jean-Luc Baker defied the odds and is ready for his first Olympics
- Here's why Baseball Hall of Fame voters got it right with Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens
- Gonzaga legend and Basketball Hall of Famer John Stockton draws ire for anti-vaccine comments
The Golden Flashes leveled the season series against the Eagles with the win. Eastern Michigan defeated Kent State 95-61 on Jan. 12. Kent State matches up against Central Michigan on the road on Tuesday. Eastern Michigan plays Toledo at home on Tuesday.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com