WILLIAMSBURG, Va. (AP) — Nathan Knight had 30 points as William & Mary edged College of Charleston 86-84 in overtime on Thursday night.
Matt Milon had 27 points and six rebounds for William & Mary (11-16, 7-8 Colonial Athletic Conference). Justin Pierce added nine assists.
William & Mary led the final three minutes of overtime. Charleston’s Jarrell Brantley was fouled making a layup with six seconds remaining but missed a tying free throw. Knight then made 1 of 2 free throws with 4.8 left and the Cougars missed a final shot.
The Tribe’s Matt Milon made two free throws with 14 seconds left to tie the game at 72 in regulation.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: What the latest Russell Wilson report means for the Seahawks
- UW Husky men's win vs. Stanford wasn't just a victory, it was a message to the Pac-12 that they're better than expected
- Tongan Olympian who became a viral sensation for his oiled torso asks for tsunami help
- Mariners mailbag: Answering questions on spring training, lockout timelines and uniform changes
- Former Kennedy Catholic WR standout Lonyatta 'Junior' Alexander announces transfer from ASU to Washington
Brantley had 26 points, 12 rebounds and seven assists for the Cougars (21-8, 10-6). Grant Riller added 22 points. Sam Miller had 14 points.
The Tribe evened the season series against the Cougars with the win. College of Charleston defeated William & Mary 74-59 on Jan. 26. William & Mary takes on UNC Wilmington at home on Saturday. College of Charleston plays Elon on the road on Saturday.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com