BOONE, N.C. (AP) — Brian Warren had 20 points on 9-of-15 shooting as UT Arlington topped Appalachian State 82-72 on Thursday night, extending the Mountaineers’ losing streak to four games.
David Azore had 16 points and a career-high 11 rebounds — the freshman’s first double-double — for UTA (5-11, 1-2 Sun Belt Conference) and TiAndre Jackson-Young added 14 points.
Appalachian State led for more of the first half and took a 32-28 lead into the break but Jackson-Young sandwiched a pair of 3-pointers around another by Warren to open the second half and the Mavericks led by at least two possessions the rest of the way. UTA scored a season-high 54 second-half points.
Ronshad Shabazz had 16 points for the Mountaineers (5-11, 0-3) and his jumper with 5:19 to play moved him past Don King (1,794) into second on the program’s career scoring list. Isaac Johnson added 16 points and O’Showen Williams scored 13.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Sounders, Reign ink new jersey sponsorship deals with Seattle-based online retailer Zulily WATCH
- Seahawks sign former first-round pick Paxton Lynch as backup QB candidate behind Russell Wilson
- Chris Petersen again taps into Boise State pipeline for Huskies' new wide receivers coach
- Washington gets outside shot going against Stanford, sits alone atop Pac-12 WATCH
- 'A 10 isn't enough': Bellevue native, UCLA gymnast breaks the internet with flawless floor routine WATCH
Sophomore Justin Forrest, who came in averaging 15.8 points per game, was just 1-of-7 shooting and finished with a career-low three points for Appalachian State.
Elements of this story were generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com