FARGO, N.D. (AP) — Tyson Ward had 17 points and 13 rebounds to lead six North Dakota State players in double figures as the Bison beat Western Illinois 85-69 on Thursday night.
Deng Geu added 14 points for the Bison (8-10, 2-2 Summit League). Sam Griesel scored 12 while Rocky Kreuser and Vinnie Shahid scored 13 apiece.
Kobe Webster had 17 points and Isaac Johnson added 15 points for the Leathernecks (6-11, 1-3).
North Dakota state led by 11 at halftime and soon went up by 20 after a 3-pointer by Kreuser and a fast-break layup by Ward. The Bison led by at least 16 the rest of the way and the lead peaked at 81-57 when Shahid hit a pair of free throws with 3:09 to go.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Now and Then? Mariners send Edwin Encarnacion to Yankees for prospect they already traded away
- Mariners Sunday mailbag: Could Seattle set a record-low attendance mark this week?
- He was the No. 1 amateur in the world as a senior at UW. Now, he's giving up professional golf.
- Lakers' trade for Anthony Davis something LeBron James and the NBA desperately needed | Matt Calkins
- 'I can’t explain this feeling': Seawolves repeat as Major League Rugby champions with try as time expires
Western Illinois plays at North Dakota (7-9, 1-2) on Saturday. North Dakota State plays at Denver (5-14, 0-5) on Wednesday.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
Elements of this story were generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com