KENT, Ohio (AP) — Jaylin Walker had 23 points as Kent State narrowly beat Ohio 78-73 on Tuesday night.
Antonio Williams had 15 points and six rebounds for Kent State (20-8, 9-6 Mid-American Conference). Akiean Frederick added 10 points and nine rebounds.
Jason Carter had 20 points for the Bobcats (12-15, 4-11). Doug Taylor added 12 points. Jason Preston had 11 points, eight rebounds and eight assists.
The Golden Flashes improve to 2-0 against the Bobcats on the season. Kent State defeated Ohio 66-52 on Jan. 15. Kent State matches up against Bowling Green on the road on Friday. Ohio takes on Akron on the road on Saturday.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks expected to part ways with defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr., sources say
- Analysis: What the latest Russell Wilson report means for the Seahawks
- UW football mailbag: What positions should the Huskies try to strengthen via the transfer portal?
- WSU Cougars defensive tackle Dallas Hobbs ends football career, will pursue other ventures
- Ken Norton Jr. pays the price for Seahawks' defensive woes, but it's Pete Carroll who must adjust
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com