The Washington Huskies would have had a tough time drawing up a better start to Saturday’s game at Autzen Stadium in Eugene, where they are trying to break a 12-game losing streak to Oregon.
Husky safety Budda Baker intercepted Justin Herbert on the Ducks’ first play from scrimmage, and three plays later, UW scored on a 1-yard run from quarterback Jake Browning to take a 7-0 lead with 13:23 left in the first quarter.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Russell Wilson's TikTok about Subway sandwich draws mockery
- Mariners outlast Rangers, drop magic number to one to end postseason drought
- Mariners clinch first postseason berth since 2001 on walk-off home run
- As if these Mariners could clinch a playoff berth with anything other than dramatics
- What to watch for when No. 15 UW football faces undefeated UCLA, plus Mike Vorel's prediction
The three-play, 30-yard drive was highlighted by a 34-yard pass from Browning to Dante Pettis.