The Huskies take over the top spot in this week's Pac-12 Power Rankings. See where the other teams rank and who is rising and falling in the College Football Playoff race.
Week 4 saw the Pac-12’s top two teams Washington and USC overcome wobbly starts and pull away in the second half for road wins.
The Huskies were more dominant while the Trojans looked vulnerable for long stretches, which resulted in those teams swapping places in this week’s power rankings and UW retaking the No. 1 spot.
Among the Pac-12’s other two unbeaten teams: Washington State remained pat at No. 3 following a blowout victory in its final nonconference tuneup and Utah jumped two spots up to No. 4.
Here’s a look at the week that was.
Most Read Sports Stories
- No indication Jody Allen will sell the Seahawks anytime soon, despite rumors
- What we learned on the first day of Seahawks' OTAs
- I misjudged this year's Mariners team — at least as they've performed so far
- UW coaching legend Jim Lambright’s brain donation pays dividends years after his death
- Seahawks OTAs begin with a new vibe, and new leaders
HEISMAN TROPHY FRONT-RUNNERS
1. Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield: Highest rated FBS quarterback in passer efficiency (228.3). Ranks fourth in the nation with a 75.2 completion percentage. And he still hasn’t thrown an interception while tossing 13 TDs, which ties for third in the country.
2. Penn State RB Saquon Barkley: Had been relatively limited in three blowout wins before the Nittany Lions leaned on him heavily in last Saturday’s 21-19 comeback win at Iowa. Barkley finished with a school-record 358 all-purpose yards (211 rushing and 94 receiving) on 40 touches.
3. Louisville QB Lamar Jackson: During last Saturday’s 42-3 win over Kent State, the reigning Heisman Trophy winner played three quarters and finished with 299 yards (It was first time he was held under 300 this season) on 18-for-22 passes, including 2 TDs and 2 INTs.
In the hunt: Oklahoma State QB Mason Rudolph and Stanford RB Bryce Love. Diminishing stock: USC QB Sam Darnold, Oregon RB Royce Freeman and UCLA QB Josh Rosen.
COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF PROJECTION
4. Penn State
On the bubble: Washington, USC, Georgia and Michigan.