UW Huskies get outmuscled in 24-7 loss to Alabama Crimson Tide in Peach Bowl. Get complete game coverage here »
There was so much stacked against the Washington Huskies here in their first College Football Playoff game, and here in the heart of SEC country.
Nothing down here is bigger or greater than Alabama football, and no one down here ever considered for a moment that the Huskies had any realistic chance at upsetting the nation’s No. 1 team in their national semifinal game.
So when Jake Browning threw a beautifully lofted pass to the far right corner of the end zone, and when Dante Pettis hauled it in for a touchdown early in the first quarter, there emerged hope of something as big and as great as anything in Washington football history.
The moment didn’t last. Eventually, Alabama (14-0) did what Alabama does, its body blows suffocating the Huskies in the second half of Saturday’s Peach Bowl. [ read more » ]
Photos | Box | Full coverage
- Sure, Alabama is better. But Huskies still could’ve won | Calkins
- Washington can’t solve Alabama’s vaunted defense
- Huskies start fast before Alabama rolls to 24-7 Peach Bowl win
- First impressions: UW defense was solid, but Jake Browning failed to shine
- Watch: Alabama doesn’t shake hands with Washington following coin toss
- Chris Petersen on loss to Alabama: ‘The bar’s been moved up’
- Jake Browning on loss: ‘Obviously it hurts right now’