Kaho is ranked by 247Sports as the No. 1 inside linebacker in the nation.
Linebacker Ale (Brandon) Kaho, one of 19 recruits to sign with the Washington Huskies during the first early signing period in December, has been bumped up to a 5-star ranking by 247Sports, making him the first 5-star prospect Chris Petersen has ever signed.
Kaho, a 6-foot-1, 218-pound senior at Reno (Nev.) High, is regarded by 247Sports as the No. 21 overall recruit in the nation, the No. 1 inside linebacker in the nation and the No. 3 overall in the West.
He is the Huskies’ first 5-star recruit since Shaq Thompson in 2012.
During his senior season, Kaho was named the High Desert League player of the year and was the first player from northern Nevada to be selected for the U.S. Army All-American Bowl.
Most Read Sports Stories
- What the Mariners roster would look like if the season started today
- Analysis: What to make of Seahawks' 2019 draft with L.J. Collier gone
- Why a Bobby Wagner-Seahawks reunion would make sense
- James Reimer, other NHL players who decline to wear Pride Night jerseys deserve scrutiny
- Future of Pac-12 at stake for George Kliavkoff as media-rights saga nears conclusion
Kaho is one of six UW signees in Hawaii this week for Saturday’s Polynesian Bowl, joined by cornerback Kyler Gordon, offensive lineman M.J. Ale, linebacker Zion Tupuola-Fetui, defensive lineman Sam Taimani and linebacker M.J. Tafisi. That game is scheduled to air at 5 p.m. PT on ESPN3.