Video: UW's Sean Constantine, Will Dissly, Dante Pettis, Jordan Miller and Keishawn Bierria explain their pregame rituals.
Think you’re frustrated by late kickoffs?
Trying being the Washington players sitting around the team hotel all day Saturday, sitting in (more) team meetings, watching other games on TV and passing the time with Peanut M&M’s (in Will Dissly’s case).
The tension and the focus build as kickoff approaches, when some players turn to prayer and others to “Power” by Kanye West. For Jordan Miller, it’s about finding that “dark place” right before kickoff.
In this video by The Times’ Ben Arthur, the Huskies’ Dissly, Miller, Sean Constantine, Dante Pettis and Keishawn Bierria share their pregame rituals ahead of Saturday’s Pac-12 home opener vs. Cal.
Most Read Sports Stories
- WSU football coach Nick Rolovich fired for refusing COVID vaccine; defensive coordinator is acting head coach
- Seahawks DE Darrell Taylor's CT scans come back 'clear,' Pete Carroll says
- Commentary: This ended the only way it could for WSU and unvaccinated football coach Nick Rolovich
- Rare double punt by Seahawks' Michael Dickson still has the NFL buzzing — including Bill Belichick
- Late fumble dooms the Seahawks in 23-20 overtime loss to Pittsburgh