The Huskies also add walk-on kicker Dylan Williams from Half Moon Bay, Calif.
O’Dea High School running back Jamyn Patu, who led the Fighting Irish to the Class 3A state football championship in December, announced Wednesday that he has accepted a walk-on opportunity from the Washington Huskies.
Patu will follow in the footsteps of Myles Gaskin, the former O’Dea star who will return for his senior season as the Huskies star running back next fall.
Patu, 6-feet and 195 pounds, rushed 33 times for 272 yards and two touchdowns in O’Dea’s 38-11 victory over Rainier Beach in the state championship game on Dec. 1.
As a senior last fall, Patu rushed for 2,188 yards and 28 touchdowns.
Most Read Sports Stories
- 'A 10 isn't enough': Bellevue native, UCLA gymnast breaks the internet with flawless floor routine WATCH
- Huskies mailbag: Losing nine starters, can the UW defense reload?
- Seahawks sign free agent defensive tackle Jamie Meder, a former Cleveland Brown
- Seahawks DE Frank Clark says he played the 2018 season at 60 percent health, with injured elbows
- Who stays, who goes: Ranking how UW, WSU and other Pac-12 teams made out in the NFL draft declaration process
Also Wednesday, kicker Dylan Williams out of Half Moon Bay, Calif., signed a letter of intent to join the Huskies as a preferred walk-on. Williams, rated as a 4.5-star prospect by the Chris Sailer Kicking, also played running back and defense for Half Moon Bay.
100% committed pic.twitter.com/q2qcjcyXtR
— Jamyn Patu (@JamynPatu) February 7, 2018
— Dylan Williams (@dylanwi11iams) February 7, 2018