The Huskies also add walk-on kicker Dylan Williams from Half Moon Bay, Calif.
O’Dea High School running back Jamyn Patu, who led the Fighting Irish to the Class 3A state football championship in December, announced Wednesday that he has accepted a walk-on opportunity from the Washington Huskies.
Patu will follow in the footsteps of Myles Gaskin, the former O’Dea star who will return for his senior season as the Huskies star running back next fall.
Patu, 6-feet and 195 pounds, rushed 33 times for 272 yards and two touchdowns in O’Dea’s 38-11 victory over Rainier Beach in the state championship game on Dec. 1.
As a senior last fall, Patu rushed for 2,188 yards and 28 touchdowns.
Most Read Stories
- ‘Suddenly there is a Confederate flag flying’ in Seattle’s Greenwood area – well, not quite
- Meteorologists expect up to an inch of snow Friday in Seattle as cold-weather records fall
- Boomtown Seattle: Why we move here — and how we’re all in it together VIEW
- Enemy World War II fighter pilots told a tale of peril and reconciliation. Then there was the truth. | PNW Magazine VIEW
- Snow blankets Puget Sound region, snarls morning commutes, delays schools VIEW
Also Wednesday, kicker Dylan Williams out of Half Moon Bay, Calif., signed a letter of intent to join the Huskies as a preferred walk-on. Williams, rated as a 4.5-star prospect by the Chris Sailer Kicking, also played running back and defense for Half Moon Bay.
100% committed pic.twitter.com/q2qcjcyXtR
— Jamyn Patu (@JamynPatu) February 7, 2018
— Dylan Williams (@dylanwi11iams) February 7, 2018