The Huskies also add walk-on kicker Dylan Williams from Half Moon Bay, Calif.
O’Dea High School running back Jamyn Patu, who led the Fighting Irish to the Class 3A state football championship in December, announced Wednesday that he has accepted a walk-on opportunity from the Washington Huskies.
Patu will follow in the footsteps of Myles Gaskin, the former O’Dea star who will return for his senior season as the Huskies star running back next fall.
Patu, 6-feet and 195 pounds, rushed 33 times for 272 yards and two touchdowns in O’Dea’s 38-11 victory over Rainier Beach in the state championship game on Dec. 1.
As a senior last fall, Patu rushed for 2,188 yards and 28 touchdowns.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Could Russell Wilson and the Seahawks consider the uncommon contract path of Tom Brady? | Matt Calkins
- Edgar Martinez, legendary Mariners DH, overcomes odds to make Baseball Hall of Fame in final attempt WATCH
- Seahawks Mailbag: Free agent rumors and rumblings -- Could a few former Seahawks find their way back?
- Inside the room: Edgar Martinez brings his trademark cool to Hall of Fame moment | Larry Stone WATCH
- UW Huskies 2019 outlook: What will offense look like with Jacob Eason, Salvon Ahmed in backfield?
Also Wednesday, kicker Dylan Williams out of Half Moon Bay, Calif., signed a letter of intent to join the Huskies as a preferred walk-on. Williams, rated as a 4.5-star prospect by the Chris Sailer Kicking, also played running back and defense for Half Moon Bay.
100% committed pic.twitter.com/q2qcjcyXtR
— Jamyn Patu (@JamynPatu) February 7, 2018
— Dylan Williams (@dylanwi11iams) February 7, 2018