Eastlake High School product dismissed by coach Chris Petersen for unspecified violation of team rules.
Drew Lewis, a redshirt freshman linebacker from Eastlake High School in Sammamish, has been dismissed from the Washington football program for an unspecified violation of team rules.
UW coach Chris Petersen announced the dismissal in a one-sentence news release Tuesday. No other details were provided.
Lewis redshirted last season at UW and worked with the second-string defense for much of the spring.
Lewis originally made a verbal commitment to UW in June 2013 under former coach Steve Sarkisian. He eventually affirmed his commitment and became part of Petersen’s first recruiting class at UW.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Rashaad Penny is out for the season, so Seahawks will turn to C.J. Prosise to back up Chris Carson
- Seahawks get Russell the Regular in loss to Rams, and NFL MVP race seems over | Matt Calkins
- Rashaad Penny suffers 'significant' injury in Seahawks' loss to Rams
- UW Huskies to meet Boise State in Las Vegas Bowl in Chris Petersen's farewell game
- The Seahawks need to wake up after their lethargic performance against the Rams | Matt Calkins