UW quarterback Jake Browning has taken a lot of criticism over the last couple of weeks. Adam Jude sits down with former UW quarterback Brock Huard to discuss how much of this criticism is warranted, and to take a closer look at what plagues the Huskies' offensive line.
ESPN’s Brock Huard joins the Husky Headlines podcast ahead of ESPN’s broadcast of UW-Arizona State on Saturday night at Husky Stadium. Talking points:
13:25: On his weekly preparations for college football broadcasts.
19:20: On critics of Jake Browning: Are Seattle fans too hard on their QBs?
Most Read Sports Stories
- The top 5 things we learned from Seahawks coach Pete Carroll's Monday news conference
- Seahawks mailbag: Is there a deadline for a Jadeveon Clowney decision?
- Pac-12 football player group including UW Huskies Joe Tryon and Ty Jones presents list of demands, threatens to opt out of 2020 season
- Analysis: Five things to know about the Pac-12 unity movement and player demands
- Just over a week after releasing him, the Seahawks re-sign defensive end Branden Jackson
25:34: On UW’s offensive line struggles and one bright spot: “Jaxson Kirkland might be (the Huskies’) highest-graded lineman through three weeks … and that is a pretty incredible testament to a redshirt freshman.”
26:56: On Ben Burr-Kirven: “He is so phenomenal.”
28:08: On UW’s secondary: “Byron (Murphy) gets a lot of the hype, and rightfully so, but … Taylor Rapp is going to play in the NFL for a long time with all the amazing skills he brings to the table.”
Support independent, local journalism. Subscribe to The Seattle Times.