He is the first 2020 recruit to commit to the Huskies.
The Huskies received their first recruiting commitment for the Class of 2020 on Monday when Gaard Memmelaar, an offensive lineman from Middleton (Idaho) High School, made a pledge to UW.
The Huskies were first school to offer Memmelaar a scholarship, after he attended a weekend camp at UW a couple weeks ago.
He does not (yet) have a recruiting ranking from the recruiting sites. He is listed at 6-feet-5 and 285 pounds on his hudl.com recruiting page.
And, yes, Gaard is a guard.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Mike Leach's tweet of doctored Obama video cost WSU $1.6 million in donations
- Seahawks center Justin Britt has not been happy with the officiating. Here's why.
- Pullman police video shows officer using Taser on former WSU football player WATCH
- Three impressions from the Seahawks' comeback win over the Green Bay Packers
- What the national media are saying about the Seahawks' 27-24 win over Green Bay
Even with the early commitment, he told RealDawg.com that he plans to shut down his recruiting. “This is it for me,” he told the recruiting site.