He is the first 2020 recruit to commit to the Huskies.
The Huskies received their first recruiting commitment for the Class of 2020 on Monday when Gaard Memmelaar, an offensive lineman from Middleton (Idaho) High School, made a pledge to UW.
The Huskies were first school to offer Memmelaar a scholarship, after he attended a weekend camp at UW a couple weeks ago.
He does not (yet) have a recruiting ranking from the recruiting sites. He is listed at 6-feet-5 and 285 pounds on his hudl.com recruiting page.
And, yes, Gaard is a guard.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Ranking the Seahawks’ roster: Can these top draft picks fill the shoes of the big names they're replacing?
- Ranking the Seahawks’ roster: Where does Shaquem Griffin and his competition make our list?
- UW Huskies fall preview: Byron Murphy, Taylor Rapp and one of the nation's top secondaries
- Mariners get back on the winning track after All-Star break
- Mariners Game Day: Felix Hernandez returns from DL as White Sox series continues | Live
Even with the early commitment, he told RealDawg.com that he plans to shut down his recruiting. “This is it for me,” he told the recruiting site.