He is the first 2020 recruit to commit to the Huskies.
The Huskies received their first recruiting commitment for the Class of 2020 on Monday when Gaard Memmelaar, an offensive lineman from Middleton (Idaho) High School, made a pledge to UW.
The Huskies were first school to offer Memmelaar a scholarship, after he attended a weekend camp at UW a couple weeks ago.
He does not (yet) have a recruiting ranking from the recruiting sites. He is listed at 6-feet-5 and 285 pounds on his hudl.com recruiting page.
And, yes, Gaard is a guard.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: Does Russell Wilson really want to leave the Seahawks for the New York Giants?
- 'The future of basketball' plays at Federal Way High School. His name is Jaden McDaniels.
- 'I'm in a way better spot': Back with Mariners on minor-league deal, Dustin Ackley is hopeful, and realistic
- The Huskies have returned to prominence in the Pac-12, and so has the roar on Montlake
- Once again, Huskies use their defense to put down another Pac-12 foe, beating Utah 62-45 VIEW
Even with the early commitment, he told RealDawg.com that he plans to shut down his recruiting. “This is it for me,” he told the recruiting site.