He is the first 2020 recruit to commit to the Huskies.
The Huskies received their first recruiting commitment for the Class of 2020 on Monday when Gaard Memmelaar, an offensive lineman from Middleton (Idaho) High School, made a pledge to UW.
The Huskies were first school to offer Memmelaar a scholarship, after he attended a weekend camp at UW a couple weeks ago.
He does not (yet) have a recruiting ranking from the recruiting sites. He is listed at 6-feet-5 and 285 pounds on his hudl.com recruiting page.
And, yes, Gaard is a guard.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks mailbag: Why don't they go no-huddle more? What happens now to Shaquem Griffin?
- An inside look at Chris Petersen and Washington's somewhat cantankerous relationship with ESPN
- Seahawks need to stay grounded, veer away from the surreal | Stone
- Nelson Cruz wants to stay in Seattle, but he's still waiting to hear from the Mariners
- Seahawks offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer says 'I need to do a better job' WATCH
Even with the early commitment, he told RealDawg.com that he plans to shut down his recruiting. “This is it for me,” he told the recruiting site.