The Huskies have picked up their second linebacker commitment in 24 hours.
Miki Ah You, an outside linebacker from Kahuku, Hawaii, announced his commitment to Washington on Tuesday. He also had offers from Oregon, Oregon State, Cal, Arizona State, Nebraska, Ole Miss and others.
He is the 10th recruit in UW’s 2019 class, and the second in as many days. Federal Way linebacker Alphonzo Tuputala announced his commitment to the Huskies on Monday night.
Ah You, listed at 6-feet-1 and 220 pounds, is another victory in the Huskies’ renewed efforts to recruit Hawaii. He joins defensive tackle Sama Paama from Honolulu as the second Hawaiian recruit in UW’s 2019 class, and the Huskies are known to have several other scholarship offers out to recruits there.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Will UW men land 5-star recruit Isaiah Stewart? Huskies will find out Sunday
- Jake Browning gets start, throws two interceptions during NFLPA Collegiate Bowl
- What separates the haves and the have-nots of high-school athletics — and Washington's plan to fix it
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- UW's Jake Browning set to play in NFLPA Collegiate Bowl at the Rose Bowl on Saturday
Ah You is the first outside linebacker recruit for UW in 2019, and it’s a position of priority for the Huskies in this class.
UW 2019 RECRUITING CLASS
Dylan Morris, 6-1, 200, Graham-Kapowsin HS
Cameron Davis, RB, 6-0, 185, Upland HS, Upland, Calif.
Taj Davis, WR, 6-2, 185, Upland HS, Upland, Calif.
Nathaniel Kalepo, OL, 6-6, 300, Rainier Beach HS, Seattle
Corey Luciano, OL, 6-5, 286, Diablo Valley College, Pleasant Hill, Calif.
Noa Ngalu, DT, 6-2, 265, Menlo-Atherton HS (Menlo Park, Calif.)
Sama Paama, DT, 6-5, 340, Kaimuki HS, Honolulu
Alphonzo Tuputala, LB, 6-3, 240, Federal Way HS, Federal Way
Miki Ah You, OLB, 6-1, 220, Kahuku HS, Kahuku, Hawaii
Kamren Fabiculanan, CB, 6-1, 175, Westlake HS, Westlake Village, Calif.
Nothing left to say1000% COMMITTED pic.twitter.com/PIot87W4FD
— Miki Ah You (@mikiahyou) June 12, 2018