Back to Big Ten country they go.
The Washington Huskies have scheduled another home-and-home series with a Big Ten team, as UW announced on Thursday dates to play Michigan State a decade from now.
The Spartans will come to Seattle for a game Husky Stadium in 2028, and the Huskies will make the return trip to East Lansing in 2031.
“We are excited about scheduling two games with Michigan State,” UW athletic director Jennifer Cohen said in a statement. “It is important for us to create incredible experiences for our student-athletes, coaches and fans, and we believe playing a high-caliber, non-conference opponent like Michigan State provides those opportunities.”
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: Does Russell Wilson really want to leave the Seahawks for the New York Giants?
- 'The future of basketball' plays at Federal Way High School. His name is Jaden McDaniels.
- The Huskies have returned to prominence in the Pac-12, and so has the roar on Montlake
- Kyle Seager showed up to Mariners camp slimmer and healthier. Will that lead to a bounce-back year?
- Is Bobby Wagner the most underappreciated superstar in Seattle sports history? | Matt Calkins
The Huskies and Spartans have met just three times, with the most recently in the 1997 Aloha Bowl in Honolulu in which the UW defeated Michigan State 51-23.
The Huskies previously scheduled games against two other big-time Big Ten teams: Michigan (in 2020 and 2021) and Ohio State (in 2024 and 2025).
UW’S FUTURE SCHEDULES
Aug. 31 — vs. Eastern Washington
Sept. 14 — vs. Hawaii
Sept. 21 — at BYU
Sept. 5 — vs. Michigan
Sept. 12 — vs. Sacramento State
Sept. 19 — vs. Utah State
Sept. 4 — vs. Montana
Sept. 11 — at Michigan
TBA — Portland State
Sept. 14 — vs. Ohio State
Sept. 13 — at Ohio State
TBA — Nevada
TBA — vs. Michigan State
TBA — at Michigan State