Washington opens as an 8.5-point favorite against the rival Ducks.
Here’s how quickly things have shifted in the Washington-Oregon rivalry:
Just two years ago, in Chris Petersen’s first trip to Eugene as the Huskies’ coach, UW was a 21.5-point underdog to the Ducks.
In 2012, UW was a 25.5-point underdog.
In 2010, UW was a 37-point underdog.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Instant analysis: Three impressions from No. 25 UW Huskies' loss to No. 12 Oregon
- After loss to Oregon, the 2019 season will be a disappointment for Huskies no matter what
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- MLB's proposed shakeup of minor leagues leaves AquaSox's future with Mariners in doubt
- After UW offense dominates for three quarters, the Huskies 'hit a wall' in crushing loss to Oregon
On Sunday, the Huskies opened as an 8.5-point betting favorite against Oregon.
It’s the first time since 1996 that UW will be favored heading into Autzen Stadium (the Huskies were a 6.5-point favorite in 1996 and won 33-14).
The Huskies’ last victory in Eugene was in 2002.