ESPN’s “College GameDay” traveling show announced it is returning to Seattle ahead of the Huskies’ home game against USC on Saturday.
No. 4 Washington remained undefeated with a 66-27 thrashing of California in Berkeley late Saturday.
The Trojans (6-3, 5-2) won their fifth straight game Saturday, 45-20 over Oregon.
It’s the second time “GameDay” will visit the University of Washington campus. Three years ago, the popular college football pregame show erected its set at Red Square in the heart of the UW campus.
Most Read Sports Stories
- What to watch for when the Seahawks play the Cowboys in Week 3 — plus Bob Condotta's prediction
- Pac-12 fall football season is revived with seven-game schedule starting Nov. 6
- Analysis: Pac-12 football is back. Now what's the next step for Jimmy Lake and the UW Huskies?
- Seahawks-Cowboys predictions: Seattle Times writers make their picks for Week 3
- Five things Washington State coach Nick Rolovich said after Pac-12's vote to return to play
The Huskies have a 1-4 record when “GameDay” visits for one of its games — UW’s first win coming on Oct. 29 in Salt Lake City. The Huskies lost at No. 2 Nebraska in 1998, at No. 13 Michigan in 2002, at No. 3 Ohio State in 2003 and at home to No. 2 Oregon in 2013.