ESPN’s “College GameDay” traveling show announced it is returning to Seattle ahead of the Huskies’ home game against USC on Saturday.
No. 4 Washington remained undefeated with a 66-27 thrashing of California in Berkeley late Saturday.
The Trojans (6-3, 5-2) won their fifth straight game Saturday, 45-20 over Oregon.
It’s the second time “GameDay” will visit the University of Washington campus. Three years ago, the popular college football pregame show erected its set at Red Square in the heart of the UW campus.
Most Read Sports Stories
- New UW Huskies football coach Kalen DeBoer has already earned his first win
- Seattle is getting a minor-league soccer team. Here's how Ballard FC went from vision to reality.
- Here's how UW coach Kalen DeBoer plans to win recruiting battles: 'We've got to be relentless in everything we do'
- Despite report he's transferring back to Washington, Fresno State QB Jake Haener says he remains uncommitted
- Report: Cade, Jack Beresford plan to transfer from Washington State football
The Huskies have a 1-4 record when “GameDay” visits for one of its games — UW’s first win coming on Oct. 29 in Salt Lake City. The Huskies lost at No. 2 Nebraska in 1998, at No. 13 Michigan in 2002, at No. 3 Ohio State in 2003 and at home to No. 2 Oregon in 2013.