Wide receiver Dante Pettis of Junipero Serra Catholic High (San Juan Capistrano, Calif.) announced Thursday on Twitter that he intends to sign a letter of intent with Washington.
Pettis, listed at 6 feet 1, 170 pounds, is rated as a three-star recruit. He is a standout in track and field, running the 200 meters in 21.84 seconds and posting a mark of 23 feet, 7 inches in the long jump last year.
He is a cousin of former Boise State standout receiver Austin Pettis and the son of Texas Rangers third-base coach Gary Pettis.
Pettis is the seventh known recruit this week to commit to UW and the 16th overall in this class. Verbal commitments are nonbinding. National signing day is Feb. 5.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks trade down twice, pick TCU defensive tackle L.J. Collier in first round of NFL draft
- NFL Draft Live Updates: Seahawks select TCU's L.J. Collier, trade 30th pick to Giants to close first round
- Seattle had its greatest NBA moment since Sonics left when Damian Lillard waved 'goodbye' to OKC | Matt Calkins
- Analysis: Re-ranking Seahawks' positions by need as draft day arrives
- Seahawks mock draft: A post-Frank Clark projection of how the draft might unfold for Seattle
Adam Jude: 206-464-2364 or email@example.com. On Twitter: @a_jude.