Wide receiver Dante Pettis of Junipero Serra Catholic High (San Juan Capistrano, Calif.) announced Thursday on Twitter that he intends to sign a letter of intent with Washington.
Pettis, listed at 6 feet 1, 170 pounds, is rated as a three-star recruit. He is a standout in track and field, running the 200 meters in 21.84 seconds and posting a mark of 23 feet, 7 inches in the long jump last year.
He is a cousin of former Boise State standout receiver Austin Pettis and the son of Texas Rangers third-base coach Gary Pettis.
Pettis is the seventh known recruit this week to commit to UW and the 16th overall in this class. Verbal commitments are nonbinding. National signing day is Feb. 5.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Mike Leach's tweet of doctored Obama video cost WSU $1.6 million in donations
- Seahawks center Justin Britt has not been happy with the officiating. Here's why.
- Pullman police video shows officer using Taser on former WSU football player WATCH
- Three impressions from the Seahawks' comeback win over the Green Bay Packers
- What the national media are saying about the Seahawks' 27-24 win over Green Bay
Adam Jude: 206-464-2364 or email@example.com. On Twitter: @a_jude.