Point guards Kelsey Plum and Nigel Williams-Goss, who will each play basketball at Washington next season, have been selected to play in the prestigious McDonald's All-American game.
Kelsey Plum is a left-handed point guard from San Diego adept at scoring and handling the ball.
Nigel Williams-Goss, who hails from Portland and plays for Findlay Prep in Henderson, Nev., is a conventional playmaker who dominates games with his passing, rebounding and scoring.
Both are dynamic floor leaders, four-star prospects according to the major recruiting sites, and they’re headed to Washington next season.
They have something else in common: Both were named Thursday to play in the McDonald’s All-American Game.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Former Seahawks safety Earl Thomas finally explains that middle finger
- No hard feelings? Mariners face challenge in how to part with Ichiro, Felix Hernandez | Larry Stone
- First Glance: UW's first opponent, Utah State, is the hottest team in the NCAA tournament
- The Mariners know 2019 will be rough. So do we. But a tantalizing future isn't far off | Larry Stone
- Seahawks issues and answers: What kind of contracts did Mychal Kendricks and J.R. Sweezy get?
The prestigious games, which feature the top 24 high-school senior boys and girls in the nation, are April 3 at the United Center in Chicago.
Plum and Williams-Goss were two of six Pac-12 recruits selected to the game — three boys and three girls.
It’s the second straight year the Huskies women will have a representative. Katie Collier participated last year.
Williams-Goss is the fifth UW men’s basketball prospect signed by coach Lorenzo Romar to play in the game, joining Abdul Gaddy (2009), Spencer Hawes (2006), Jon Brockman (2005) and Martell Webster (2005). Webster never enrolled at Washington.
The honors continue to pile up for Plum, a 5-9 guard at La Jolla (Calif.) Country Day, and Williams-Goss, a 6-4 guard.
Earlier this month, Plum was named a WBCA All-American and will play in the all-star game held at the NCAA Final Four in New Orleans on April 6.
Williams-Goss will play in the acclaimed Jordan Brand Classic on April 13 in Brooklyn’s Barclays Center.
Percy Allen: 206-464-2278 or email@example.com.
On Twitter @percyallen