Fultz, a five-star prospect, will participate in four all-star events over the next two weeks.
It’s going to be a busy spring for Washington Husky signee Markelle Fultz.
The five-star guard from DeMatha Catholic in Hyattsville, MD is scheduled to participate in three all-star basketball games and a slam-dunk contest over the next two weeks.
The whirlwind tour of events begins Thursday with the McDonald’s All-American game at the United Center in Chicago. The game airs 6 p.m. on ESPN.
The 6-4 and 190-pound point guard will play for the East team. Here’s a look at the rosters.
Fultz is the sixth McDonald’s All-American to sign with the Huskies during coach Lorenzo Romar’s tenure. The others include: Jon Brockman (2005), Martell Webster (2005), Spencer Hawes (2006), Abdul Gaddy (2009) and Nigel Williams-Goss (2013). Webster entered the NBA draft in 2005 before playing at UW.
On Friday, Fultz will participate in the American Family Insurance High School Slam Dunk Championship. He is one of eight participants in the event held at Glenda Dawson High School in Pearland, Texas. The contest will air 12:30 p.m. Sunday on CBS.
Then Fultz will play with the USA Basketball Junior National Team at the Nike Hoop Summit on April 9 in Portland.
Most Read Sports Stories
- No indication Jody Allen will sell the Seahawks anytime soon, despite rumors
- I misjudged this year's Mariners team — at least as they've performed so far
- After falling into last place, Mariners season passes infuriating and moves into depressing
- An Olympic champion at 19, Seattle’s Nevin Harrison continues to dream big: ‘It’s time for me to do the impossible’
- Mariners fall into last place in the AL West after dropping home series to A's
And finally, he was chosen for the second straight year to play in the Jordan Brand Classic on April 15 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY. Here’s a look at the rosters.