Washington still remains just outside the AP and USA Today coaches polls.
The Huskies’ 12-game winning streak provided them some pretty significant margin for error and not surprisingly, they maintained their position in most NCAA tournament projections following their first defeat in seven weeks.
Here’s a look at where Washington stands in a few NCAA tournament forecasts.
Howie Schwab at Fox Sports is the most optimistic about UW’s postseason hopes and for the second consecutive week he has the Huskies as a No. 7 seed in the West region paired opposite No. 10 Alabama.
Jerry Palm at CBS Sports projects Washington as a No. 8 seed in the Midwest region against No. 9 Mississippi in Columbus, Ohio.
Most Read Sports Stories
- KeyArena renovation project now to exceed $900 million, with reopening pushed back VIEW
- Seahawks schedule analysis: Ranking and breaking down each game on Seattle's 2019 slate
- GM John Schneider updates where things stand with Frank Clark, Bobby Wagner, Doug Baldwin WATCH
- Seahawks 2019 regular-season schedule is set — Seattle will get five prime-time games
- Why 2019 safety signee Asa Turner committed to a program, a position and a coach at Washington
Michael Beller at Sports Illustrated also has UW as a No. 8 seed paired against No. 9 Ole Miss, but the teams are in the dreaded East region with an unenviable second-round matchup against No. 1 overall seed Duke.
Once again, ESPN’s bracket guru Joe Lunardi projects Washington as a No. 8 seed and his forecast has UW flying to Columbia, S.C. for a South region matchup against No. 9 Texas Christian.
The Huskies’ first defeat in nearly two months also negated any chance they had at cracking The Associated Press top 25. UW, which is fourth among others receiving votes, is unofficially No. 29 in the AP ranking and USA Today coaches poll.
Washington’s resume at a glance
Record: 19-5 (10-1 Pac-12)
NET rank: 31
KenPom rank: 37
RPI rank: 22
Strength of schedule: 54
Record vs. Quadrant 1 teams: 1-4
Record vs. Quadrant 2 teams: 5-1
Record vs. Quadrant 3 teams: 7-0
Record vs. Quadrant 4 teams: 6-0
Record at home: 12-0
Record on the road/neutral site: 7-5
Notable wins: At Oregon, at Colorado, at Arizona.
Notable losses: No. 1 Gonzaga, No. 11 Auburn, No. 13 Virginia Tech