Huskies had their four-game losing streak snapped and fell to 17-7 and 7-4 in Pac-12.
Mike Hopkins pushed, prodded and pleaded.
The Washington men’s basketball coach went to his bench and tried riding his stars, but once again the Huskies suffered a power outage offensively and no amount of good defense could overcome a historically bad offensive performance.
And UW lost at Oregon and fell 65-40.
The defeat extended the Huskies’ losing streak to five in a row against the Ducks. UW is winless on its past seven trips to Eugene, Ore.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Mike Zunino’s homer in the 12th ends frustrating, painful night for Mariners on a happy note
- Give Mariners credit, they earned the right to make a win-now trade | Larry Stone
- Dramatic comeback by Huskies nets 3-2 softball victory over Alabama in Super Regional
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Seahawks mailbag: Germain Ifedi's future, the offensive line, and more!
Washington also dropped to 17-7 and 7-4 in Pac-12.
Here’s a look at his postgame interview.