Fans get a chance to meet and greet the Washington men's and women's basketball teams at free preseason celebration at Alaska Airlines Arena.
The Washington men’s and women’s basketball teams are holding an hour-long Husky Hoopla on Wednesday night at Alaska Airlines Arena.
Doors to the general public open at 7:30 p.m. and the preseason celebration begins at 8. The event is free and on-campus parking is $10.
UW students will receive free food and giveaways.
There’s also a private event for Husky season-ticket holders at 7 p.m. and fans can meet and mingle with players on the court when the show ends at 9 p.m.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: Where the QB battle stands and four other thoughts after the Seahawks' preseason opener
- Seahawks agree to trade DB Ugo Amadi for Eagles receiver J.J. Arcega-Whiteside
- Analysis: With one preseason game done, time to project the Seahawks' 53-man roster
- Quarterback play a mixed bag as Seahawks lose to Steelers to open preseason play
- Rookies Tariq Woolen and Coby Bryant start at cornerback for Seahawks, learn a few lessons
As for the show itself, details are murky, but don’t expect a scrimmage or anything like that. There will be player introductions, which is a necessity for the UW men’s team that brought in nine newcomers.
Players will participate in basketball drills and they’re also expected to perform a dance routine.
“We (the women’s team) worked with the cheerleaders and plan to have some fun with it,” junior star guard Kelsey Plum said last week.
And the UW men?
“I don’t think they practiced for this at all so we’ll see,” she said smiling.
It’s the only public appearance for the UW teams before their exhibition games. The Husky women host Concordia (Oregon) on Nov. 2 and the UW men play Seattle Pacific University on Nov. 5 at Hec Edmundson Pavilion.