Opting for the NBA draft instead of staying on Montlake, Dejounte Murray joins projected No. 1 NBA draft pick Ben Simmons with the Cleveland-based agency.
Nearly a week after announcing he would enter the NBA draft, Dejounte Murray signed with Cleveland-based Klutch Sports Group and agent Rich Paul.
The company’s biggest client is LeBron James who helped start the business with long-time friend Paul.
Murray posted a picture with the Cavaliers star on his Instagram page with the caption that read: Lets Work Big Homie.
Paul also snagged perhaps the biggest prize among the draft hopefuls in Ben Simmons, who is projected as the No. 1 overall pick after spending one season at LSU.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: A final accounting of Russell Wilson's deal shows why he called it 'a no-brainer'
- GM John Schneider updates where things stand with Frank Clark, Bobby Wagner, Doug Baldwin WATCH
- Storm coach Dan Hughes diagnosed with cancer discovered during emergency appendectomy
- KeyArena renovation project now to exceed $900 million, with reopening pushed back VIEW
- Mariners snap 6-game skid by winning crazy 11-10 slugfest in Anaheim WATCH
Klutch Sports Group also represents John Wall, Tristan Thompson, Eric Bledsoe and Norris Cole.
Signing with an agent effectively ends Murray’s NCAA eligibility.
The 6-foot-4 guard averaged 16.1 points, 6.0 rebounds, 4.3 assists and 1.8 steals. He’s projected as a first or second-rounder in many mock drafts.
Meanwhile, ESPN’s Chad Ford ranks Murray as the fourth best point guard in the draft and the 21st rated prospect.