Opting for the NBA draft instead of staying on Montlake, Dejounte Murray joins projected No. 1 NBA draft pick Ben Simmons with the Cleveland-based agency.
Nearly a week after announcing he would enter the NBA draft, Dejounte Murray signed with Cleveland-based Klutch Sports Group and agent Rich Paul.
The company’s biggest client is LeBron James who helped start the business with long-time friend Paul.
Murray posted a picture with the Cavaliers star on his Instagram page with the caption that read: Lets Work Big Homie.
Paul also snagged perhaps the biggest prize among the draft hopefuls in Ben Simmons, who is projected as the No. 1 overall pick after spending one season at LSU.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Luke Willson leaves Detroit without a deal, plus the latest on Ndamukong Suh and Seahawks' backfield
- Seahawks add another safety in former Ram Maurice Alexander
- Sheldon Richardson signs with Vikings, but a Minnesota veteran will visit Seahawks
- Terrelle Pryor reportedly visiting Seattle as Seahawks look to solidify receiving corps
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Klutch Sports Group also represents John Wall, Tristan Thompson, Eric Bledsoe and Norris Cole.
Signing with an agent effectively ends Murray’s NCAA eligibility.
The 6-foot-4 guard averaged 16.1 points, 6.0 rebounds, 4.3 assists and 1.8 steals. He’s projected as a first or second-rounder in many mock drafts.
Meanwhile, ESPN’s Chad Ford ranks Murray as the fourth best point guard in the draft and the 21st rated prospect.