The award is given out each year to honor undergraduate students who have excelled on the field, in the classroom and community
Washington women’s soccer player Sam Kokoska was named one of three female finalists for the Arthur Ashe Sports Scholar of the Year Award by Diverse Magazine. The award is given out each year to honor undergraduate students who have excelled on the field, in the classroom and community.
Kokoska, a junior, was named to the Pac-12 All-Academic first team for the second consecutive year. Kokoska has maintained a 3.93 cumulative GPA during her time at Washington.
Diverse Magazine will announce the winner of this year’s Arthur Ashe Award on April 5.
• Washington freshman Noah Woolsey sits alone atop the leaderboard with a 5-under 67 after the first round of the Southern Highlands Collegiate in Las Vegas. The Huskies made a late move and are tied for eighth at 5-over 293.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Pete Carroll says Seahawks QB Russell Wilson is 'over-trying,' plus injury updates and more
- Where was Chris Carson in Seahawks' loss to Bears? Pete Carroll has an explanation --- or two
- All Seahawks show in Monday night loss to Bears is the extent of their decline
- Three impressions from the Seahawks' loss to the Chicago Bears on Monday Night Football
- Report: Russell Wilson's future with Seahawks 'remains uncertain'
• Seattle U’s Shianne Smith, a freshman right-hander, was named WAC softball pitcher of the week.