The award is given out each year to honor undergraduate students who have excelled on the field, in the classroom and community
Washington women’s soccer player Sam Kokoska was named one of three female finalists for the Arthur Ashe Sports Scholar of the Year Award by Diverse Magazine. The award is given out each year to honor undergraduate students who have excelled on the field, in the classroom and community.
Kokoska, a junior, was named to the Pac-12 All-Academic first team for the second consecutive year. Kokoska has maintained a 3.93 cumulative GPA during her time at Washington.
Diverse Magazine will announce the winner of this year’s Arthur Ashe Award on April 5.
• Washington freshman Noah Woolsey sits alone atop the leaderboard with a 5-under 67 after the first round of the Southern Highlands Collegiate in Las Vegas. The Huskies made a late move and are tied for eighth at 5-over 293.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Commentary: Even if Nick Rolovich’s lawsuit is successful, WSU comes out ahead. The saga is over
- After $1.15 billion renovation, Seattle's Climate Pledge Arena 'will surprise people in the greatest way'
- UW Huskies go from rock bottom to rare road win with 21-16 comeback victory over Arizona
- Analysis: Nick Rolovich’s firing by WSU has consequences, and not just for him
- After 'reality check' in Indianapolis, Jacob Eason embracing 'special opportunity' with Seahawks
• Seattle U’s Shianne Smith, a freshman right-hander, was named WAC softball pitcher of the week.