The award is given out each year to honor undergraduate students who have excelled on the field, in the classroom and community
Washington women’s soccer player Sam Kokoska was named one of three female finalists for the Arthur Ashe Sports Scholar of the Year Award by Diverse Magazine. The award is given out each year to honor undergraduate students who have excelled on the field, in the classroom and community.
Kokoska, a junior, was named to the Pac-12 All-Academic first team for the second consecutive year. Kokoska has maintained a 3.93 cumulative GPA during her time at Washington.
Diverse Magazine will announce the winner of this year’s Arthur Ashe Award on April 5.
• Washington freshman Noah Woolsey sits alone atop the leaderboard with a 5-under 67 after the first round of the Southern Highlands Collegiate in Las Vegas. The Huskies made a late move and are tied for eighth at 5-over 293.
Most Read Sports Stories
- All of a sudden, Washington state is a hotbed for high-school football talent. Here's why. VIEW
- Five reasons why the Seahawks are better than we thought they’d be
- How Ikaika Malloe and the Huskies made UW the go-to destination for top recruits from Hawaii
- Suicide, quarterbacks and the Hilinskis: A family tries to move on, as another brother heads to school VIEW
- Richard Sherman responds to Frank Clark's declaration that the Sherman era in Seattle is over
• Seattle U’s Shianne Smith, a freshman right-hander, was named WAC softball pitcher of the week.