The Huskies, who made it to the Women’s College World Series last year, were picked to finish behind Oregon and UCLA.
The Pac-12 softball coaches revealed their preseason poll Monday, and Washington was picked to finish third.
Oregon was picked to win the conference with UCLA picked second.
The Huskies finished third in the Pac-12 last year en route to the Women’s College World Series. UW finished the season ranked third in the nation.
The Huskies begin the season Friday vs. Saint Louis at a tournament in Peoria, Ill.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Pac-12 mailbag: Kliavkoff’s culpability, expansion options, WSU's connections and more
- Pac-12 survival guide: Five forces that will define the path to salvation, or extinction
- Garfield High star Dalayah Daniels set to make impact after transferring home to UW
- At midpoint of year, Mariners are showing their season is half-full
- Breanna Stewart makes 'spicy' trade for Sue Bird, drafts Jewell Loyd in WNBA All-Star selection show
• Stanford’s Brittany McPhee was named the Pac-12 women’s player of the week. The Mount Rainier grad averaged 25.5 points and seven rebounds in two games last week as the Cardinal beat a pair of ranked teams in Oregon and Oregon State. McPhee scored Stanford’s final 19 points in the win against the Ducks, single-handedly outscoring Oregon in the second half 31-24.