The Redhawks get a two-run homer from Kyler Murphy and three-run shot by Dalton Hurd to rally from 3-0 deficit.
Kyler Murphy hit a two-run homer in the seventh inning to snap a tie and lead Seattle University to a 8-3 baseball victory over Washington on Tuesday night at Husky Ballpark.
The Huskies (6-5) took a 3-0 lead in the first inning, including Nick Kahle’s RBI double.
The Redhawks (8-5) tied the score in the fourth on Dalton Hurd’s three-run homer to left. They added three runs in the ninth.
• Washington had three golfers in the top seven and won the team title by 10 strokes at the Meadow Club Women’s Collegiate in Fairfax, Calif. The Huskies shot 3-under 573, and Washington State was seventh at 19-over 595. UW’s Karen Miyamoto and Julianne Alvarez tied for third at 2-under. Sarah Rhee and WSU’s Alivia Brown tied for sixth at 1 under.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Now and Then? Mariners send Edwin Encarnacion to Yankees for prospect they already traded away
- He was the No. 1 amateur in the world as a senior at UW. Now, he's giving up professional golf.
- Lakers' trade for Anthony Davis something LeBron James and the NBA desperately needed | Matt Calkins
- Surprises, setbacks and successes: A progress report on Jerry Dipoto and the Mariners' offseason trades | Analysis
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
• The Washington men gave back 11 strokes and finished the second round with a 299 to sit 14th at 16-over 592 at the Southern Highlands Collegiate in Las Vegas.
Freshman Noah Woolsey, who held the lead after the first day, struggled on day two, finishing the second round with a 5-over 77. He is at even-par 144, tied for 12th.
• Madison Cathcart hit a game-ending grand slam to help SU to a 7-4 win and doubleheader sweep of Toledo (10-7). Cathcart also hit a three-run double to lift SU (13-9) to a 6-4 victory in the opener.
• Julia DePonte was selected as Pac-12 player of the week, the fourth time this season a UW player has received the honor.
UW’s Gabbie Plain also was named freshman of the week.
The Seattle Thunderbirds used a commanding 4-0 lead to hold off the visiting Tri-City Americans for a 4-3 victory.
Austin Strand, Zack Andrusiak, Nolan Volcan and Matthew Wedman scored goals for Seattle before the Americans scored three times in the third.