The No. 13 Huskies fell 25-18, 25-20, 22-25, 25-22. They
The Washington volleyball team split its matches at the Pac-12/Big Ten Challenge, losing to No. 11 Illinois 3-1 on Saturday.
The No. 13 Huskies fell 25-18, 25-20, 22-25, 25-22. They beat Iowa 3-1 on Friday night.
Kara Bajema had 21 kills and nine digs to lead the Huskies (3-1), and Lauren Sanders added 11 kills and four blocks.
Shayne McPherson had 12 digs, and Ella May Powell had 47 assists for the Huskies.
Most Read Sports Stories
- UW set to face No. 1 North Carolina in Round of 32: Here's what you need to know about the Tar Heels
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- 'He's crazy': How quirky is Huskies coach Mike Hopkins? Let his players tell you | Matt Calkins
- Huskies show poise from the top down to make successful return to NCAA tournament
- March on: Huskies' ballhawking defense gets them past Utah State in NCAA tournament opener
Jacqueline Quade had 18 kills and four blocks, and Morgan O’Brien had 17 digs for the Illini (5-0).
The Huskies head to Pittsburgh next weekend for the Panther Invitational. First up is Dayton on Friday.
• Washington State beat No. 17 Northern Iowa (2-4) for the second consecutive night, winning the road match 25-23, 23-25, 25-23, 25-23. Taylor Mims led the Cougars (4-0) with 26 kills.
• Sofia Sanchez had 10 kills as Seattle U evened its record at 3-3 by beating Weber State 25-14, 25-15, 25-22 at the Jackrabbit Invitational in Brookings, S.D.
• Seattle Pacific (2-5) split its matches at the D2 West Region Showcase in Fresno, Calif. Gabby Oddo had nine kills to help SPU sweep host Fresno Pacific 25-20, 25-21, 25-17. SPU lost its second match to UC San Diego 25-19, 29-27, 25-15.
• Julia DeVere had a goal and an assist as Seattle Pacific (2-0) beat visiting Minnesota State Moorhead 2-0 in a nonconference game at Interbay Stadium. Kasey Reeve also scored for the Falcons, and Abby Smith earned the shutout in goal.
• Seattle Pacific (0-2), playing a man down the final third of the game, lost in overtime to Sonoma State 2-1 in Ronhert Park, Calif. Sebastian Santos scored 1:15 into OT. SPU’s Sam Rucklos was shown a red card with 31 minutes remaining and Sonoma equalized a few minutes later.