It was the 18th of her career, tying her for most in program history with Husky legend Hope Solo.
Megan Kufeld’s 1-0 shutout of Michigan on Sunday in women’s soccer was the 18th of her Washington career, tying her for most in program history with Husky legend Hope Solo. Kufeld had eight saves in the win, propelled by a Kelcie Hedge goal in the 89th minute.
Zags, Utah State play to draw
Kristin Hayman’s penalty kick in the 51st minute evened the score for the Gonzaga women’s soccer team in an eventual 1-1 draw with Utah State.
• Eastern Washington topped Southeastern Louisiana, 3-1, to win its fourth match in a row. Senior Allie Schumacher paced EWU with 12 kills and 19 digs while freshman Fernanda Vido had 18 digs. Nicole Rigoni registered 26 assists for the Eagles.
• Jamal Watson had two goals in Seattle’s 5-2 win over the Spokane Chiefs in Everett. Mathew Barzal had a goal and two assists and Ryan Gropp added a goal and an assist for Seattle. Logan Flodell saved 16 shots for Seattle, Tyson Verhelst 18 for Spokane.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Five reasons why the Seahawks are better than we thought they’d be
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Keys to the Game: What the Seahawks need to do against the 49ers to secure a playoff bid
- How Ikaika Malloe and the Huskies made UW the go-to destination for top recruits from Hawaii
- Suicide, quarterbacks and the Hilinskis: A family tries to move on, as another brother heads to school VIEW
• Carson Stadnyk scored twice in the Everett Silvertips’ 4-3 win over the Portland Winterhawks.
Goalie Carter Hart registered 33 saves for Everett.
Alex Overhardt led Portland with two goals.
• Brett Clayton scored in the third period to lift Portland to a 3-2 win over the Tri-City Americans.