The UW men's and women's crew coaches answered questions about the Cal Dual, the upcoming Windermere Cup, their successful coaching careers and more in a live chat on Thursday.
This Saturday, the Huskies will host longtime rival Cal in men’s and women’s dual races at the Montlake Cut.
Men’s crew coach Michael Callahan and his top-ranked UW men’s varsity eight will face the No. 2 Bears in what could be a preview of a national title showdown.
The fifth-ranked UW women’s crew, led by legendary coach Bob Ernst, meet second-ranked Cal.
Callahan is in his eighth season in charge of the men and has led UW to four straight national championships and five national titles overall.
Most Read Sports Stories
- NBA fines Spurs for violating resting rules in game they won
- Despite limited capacity, Mariners fans join chorus of boos directed at Astros for sign-stealing scandal
- Huskies pull off remarkable comeback, advance to volleyball Elite Eight
- Comeback Dawgs! Husky volleyball team pulls off another remarkable rally to reach Final Four
- Top-ranked men's basketball recruit Chet Holmgren commits to Gonzaga
Ernst has been at UW for 41 years and has led both the men and women’s crews to eight national titles overall. He also coached the USA women’s eight-oared boat to a gold medal at the 1984 Olympics.
The crews are also preparing for the 29th annual Windermere Cup, which is slated for Saturday, May 2, on the Montlake Cut. The men will face two-time defending world champion New Zealand U23 Men’s National Team and Columbia University. The women will take on the University of Virginia.
Both coaches will be available to answer questions about facing the Bears, the Windermere Cup, their successful coaching careers and more in a live chat on Thursday, April 23.