Rowing at Washington dates to 1901, but last weekend UW men’s crew became the first program to win five straight IRA varsity eight titles after dominating the field Sunday at Mercer Lake in New Jersey.
Rowing at Washington dates to 1901, but something special happened last weekend. UW men’s crew became the first program to win five straight Intercollegiate Rowing Association varsity eight titles after dominating the field Sunday at Mercer Lake in New Jersey. The Huskies surpassed previous four-time winners California (1999-2002) and Cornell (1955-58 and 1909-1912). It was the Huskies’ 12th title overall, the most of any team dating to 1895 when the championship regatta began.
More on UW men’s crew:
Most Read Sports Stories
- DK Metcalf's injury-cart ride because of 'tummy ache' and locker room distance
- Reactions to Kraken's new mascot, Buoy, roll in
- Geno Smith is more than serviceable as Seahawks QB. He's a game changer
- Mariners fall to Tigers, giving Toronto top wild-card spot
- Russell Wilson's TikTok about Subway sandwich draws mockery
The video includes the entire day of grand finals. The races can be found at the following times in the video:
– Varsity 8 (National Championship) starts at around 1:49.
– Second Varsity 8 begins around 2:09.
– Third Varsity 8 is about 2:18.
– Freshman 8 begins around 2:29.
– Varsity 4 begins at around 3:27.