The meet will feature UCLA’s Katelyn Ohashi, a Newcastle product has gained fame over the last month for her standout floor routine that went viral on social media.
The Pac-12 gymnastics meet between the Washington Huskies and UCLA Bruins will go on as scheduled at 3 p.m. Sunday despite snow that has blanketed the Puget Sound region.
The meet will feature UCLA’s Katelyn Ohashi, a Newcastle product who rocketed to fame for her standout floor routine on Jan. 12 that went viral on social media.
Those who have purchased tickets and are unable to attend can contract the Husky ticket office (firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-543-2200) to transfer those tickets to one of the two final home meets of the season, March 8 or 10.
The kids clinic scheduled for after the meet will be rescheduled.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks trade Frank Clark to Kansas City Chiefs for package including 2019 first-round draft pick
- In Seahawks' 'very challenging' situation, here's why it made sense to trade Frank Clark | Matt Calkins
- How a baseball bat helped former Husky Jake Browning improve his NFL draft stock
- Seahawks solve one problem but create another by trading Frank Clark to Chiefs | Larry Stone
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson gifts his offensive linemen $12,000 each in Amazon stock
• Violet Kapri Morrow scored 25 points, including a game-winning layup with 39 seconds remaining, as Eastern Washington (6-15, 5-7 Big Sky) beat visiting Montana (10-11, 5-7) for the sixth consecutive time, 67-64.
• Madi Hingston had 14 points, but Seattle Pacific lost at home to Northwest Nazarene in a Great Northwest Athletic Conference game, 90-71. Cici West added 13 points and 11 rebounds for the Falcons (7-14, 6-8 GNAC).
• Coleman Wooten had 20 points and 14 rebounds as Seattle Pacific beat Alaska Fairbanks on the road in a Great Northwest Athletic Conference game 89-52. Harry Cavell had 11 points and 11 rebounds for the Falcons (13-6, 10-4 GNAC).
• Matthew Wedman’s goal at the 3:18 mark in overtime lifted the Seattle Thunderbirds to a 4-3 win over the visiting Medicine Hat Tigers. Andre Kukuca scored twice in the third period to complete a hat trick and to force overtime. He also had an assist.