SAN ANTONIO (AP) — Keaton Wallace scored 27 points on 11-of-13 shooting, Giovanni DeNicolao added 16 and UTSA beat Florida International 100-67 on Thursday night.
It’s the second straight contest where the Roadrunners have scored in triple digits. They beat Marshall in Huntington, West Virginia, 116-106 in overtime on Saturday. UTSA has won four of its last five games.
The Roadrunners (14-10, 8-3 Conference USA) built a 17-2 lead and were never threatened. Jhivvan Jackson scored 13 for UTSA, Atem Bior 12 and Nick Allen 11 with 10 rebounds. The Roadrunners finished 40 of 69 (58 percent) including 10 of 26 (38.5) from beyond the 3-point arc. UTSA led 50-30 at intermission.
Brian Beard Jr. and Devon Andrews led Florida International (14-10, 5-6) with 14 points apiece. The Golden Panthers were 26 of 65 (40 percent) from the field and missed 23 of 28 3-point attempts. FIU has dropped four of six.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks' Quinton Dunbar changes lawyers after report of cover-up scheme leaks
- Washington's NFL team drops 'Redskins' name after 87 years
- 'Smell ya later' -- Jarred Kelenic blasts a pair of homers in the Mariners intrasquad game
- Watch: Former Husky Matisse Thybulle gives a glimpse of what the NBA bubble is like for the 76ers
- Northwest School alum Oliver Page-Kuhr was set to row at Stanford. Now, the program will be cut. Where does he go from here?