PRINCESS ANNE, Md. (AP) — Bryan Urrutia had 18 points to lead six Maryland Eastern Shore players in double figures as the Hawks narrowly defeated Morgan State 78-73 on Monday night.
Gabriel Gyamfi and Ahmad Frost added 12 points apiece for the Hawks. Ryan Andino, A.J. Cheeseman and Isaac Taylor each scored 10. Urrutia also had seven turnovers but only four assists. Gyamfi had three blocks for the Hawks, while Frost posted six rebounds. Cheeseman had nine rebounds.
Isaiah Burke had 17 points for the Bears. Stanley Davis added 16 points and 13 rebounds. Martez Cameron had 10 points. Sherwyn Devonish-Prince Jr., whose 11 points per game coming into the contest ranked second on the Bears, shot only 17 percent for the game (1 of 6).
The Hawks evened the season series against the Bears with the win. Morgan State defeated Maryland Eastern Shore 66-53 on Jan. 5. Maryland Eastern Shore (6-24, 4-11 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) finishes out the regular season against Delaware State at home on Thursday. Morgan State (9-19, 4-11) finishes out the regular season against Coppin State at home on Thursday.
Most Read Stories
- The five priciest Seattle-area homes last year sold for a combined $113M. Four went to mystery buyers. VIEW
- Special sunglasses, license-plate dresses: How to be anonymous in the age of surveillance WATCH
- Snohomish County elementary school teacher found dead from hypothermia
- New software flaw could further delay Boeing’s 737 MAX
- At gun-rights rally, Washington state Rep. Matt Shea gives fiery defense, talks of nation's 'real enemies' VIEW
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com