TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) — Japreece Dean made a 3-pointer with 9 seconds left to lift UCLA past No. 16 Arizona State 61-59 on Friday.
Lauryn Miller scored 17 points for the Bruins (10-9, 3-4 Pac-12). Dean finished with 14 points. Michaela Onyenwere had 11 and Lajahna Drummer added eight points and 11 rebounds.
Courtney Ekmark led the Sun Devils (13-6, 4-4) with 14 points. Reili Richardson’s layup gave them a 59-58 lead with 36 seconds left. She finished with 12 points.
Arizona State led 31-26 at halftime, but the Bruins scored nine of the first 11 points in the second to take a 35-33 lead. The Sun Devils were outrebounded 40-37 and made just six of 11 free throws.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: What the latest Russell Wilson report means for the Seahawks
- Tongan Olympian who became a viral sensation for his oiled torso asks for tsunami help
- WSU Cougars defensive tackle Dallas Hobbs ends football career, will pursue other ventures
- UW Husky men's win vs. Stanford wasn't just a victory, it was a message to the Pac-12 that they're better than expected
- Mariners mailbag: Answering questions on spring training, lockout timelines and uniform changes
More AP college basketball: https://apnews.com/tag/Collegebasketball and https://twitter.com/AP_Top25